Wednesday, November 6, 2013

TOTALLY off topic... my son's Superhero Birthday Party!


This post is completely off topic but I will make no apologies because I HAVE to blog about my son's 2nd Birthday Party!!! OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO EXCITED!!! Ok- it was a superhero theme (maybe my kid's superhero papers got me in the superhero spirit.. not to mention my adorbs superhero skirt..) and I went full out crafty on this party. It was mainly family but Josh is invited 2 of his boy friends that will be in his grade whose mommas also happen to be my sweet work friends. So total there will be 3 boys and 1 sweet little girl who is Joshua's cousin. They are all close in age so I planned some fun little activities.

I decorated both the inside of the house and the outside. I had originally thought
we would play outside and come in to snack and open presents. I should of known better that once I got my son outside it would be impossible to lure him inside again... so outside went the presents and food!

With the help of pinterest, amazon and oriental trading I think it all came together quiet nicely! Everyone had a really good time and my birthday boy was happy happy happy (...well, most of the time...) !!
My sweetheart superhero -- Joshua James!

Of course I dressed Jason (my husband), Josh and I in matching Superman outfits!



OUTSIDE DECOR
 picture backdrop that I painted!





INSIDE DECOR





SUPERHERO STATIONS:


 ESCAPING THE BALLS OF DOOM
This superhero ball pit was the biggest hit of the day!!

Each child got a superhero cape that I had made by cutting the backs off of old t-shirts (that way they wear like real shirts with no itcy velcro for the wee ones) and cut the fist initial of their name out of felt and used tacky glue to glue it on their capes! They turned out super cute!! 


 THROWING PRACTICE
This quick bean bag toss station came from cutting up the box all the balls came in from the ball pit and turning it into another fun game for 1-2 year olds!!

 DISGUISE STATION
Here was where they put on their capes and practiced their "superhero disguise poses" which for this age consisted of just running by it real quick!! But fun for the parents!!

FLYING AND RUNNING PRACTICE
This was just all the normal outside play equipment - a basketball hoop, a slide, and a T-Ball set.

SUPERHERO CREATIONS
This area was just a chalkboard and on the other side some superhero coloring sheets taped up with some crayons. My little superhero loves to draw!!

Opening presents for the first time! He really wasn't all that into it last year.

Each child got to take home their capes and a handful of superhero bath ducks! :) 

Happy Creating Friends!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment